Communications

On Shelter for Visiting Elevens.

[We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest.]

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

In accordance with the spirit of the recent CRIMSON editorial, we feel that there is an urgent need for a large upper-class debating club. Such clubs in the past have had a strong and active membership in the University, because of the exceptional opportunities which they offered for the intelligent discussion of questions not only of vital public importance, but also the more intimate problems of college life. In other colleges this training forms an important part of undergraduate activity and there is no reason why the large number of men at Harvard who desire to secure it should be denied the opportunity for lack of such a club. Our own traditions alone are enough to show that debating clubs can fill a sound and vigorous place in college life.

We earnestly request, therefore, that all men interested in the formation of a club of this nature should attend a mass meeting in the Assembly Room of the Union Wednesday at 7.30 o'clock. T.M. GREGORY '10.   G.L. HARDING '10.