TO DISCUSS CAUSES OF WAR

Speakers' Club and Union to Hold First of Series of Meetings for Free Discussion Tomorrow.

A meeting for the discussion of the causes of the war by undergraduates of the University will be held in the Union tomorrow at 8 o'clock under the direction of the Union and the Speakers' Club. After the general discussion Professor A. B. Hart '80 will outline the circumstances which led to the conflict from the point of view of the historian. This meeting is the first of a series for the purpose of offering an opportunity for a frank and open-minded exchange of opinions concerning questions of general interest. It will be open to Union members.

With the discussion tomorrow evening, the activities of the Speakers' Club commence. Besides promoting interest in, and offering opportunities for, open discussion, as it has done in the past by the Forum and Current Events meetings, the club will continue to hold for its members dinners with after-dinner speeches by undergraduate members and prominent men, smokers with general discussion and prize contests.