HOCKEY ASPIRANTS SOON AT WORK

Meeting for 1918 and University Candidates Friday in Union.

There will be a meeting of all candidates for the University hockey team in the Trophy Room of the Union Friday evening at 7.30 o'clock. Coach Winsor, W. H. Claflin '15, captain of this year's team, and some former members of University teams will speak.

The meeting for candidates for the Freshman teams will be held in the same room at 8.30 o'clock. As in football, each Freshman dormitory will be represented by a team, with coaches appointed for each. It is further planned to have a regular 1918 team with a schedule of five or six games in addition to the interdormitory games which will be played in the middle of each week throughout the season. 1918 manager candidates will be called out shortly. Games with several teams including Yale 1918, Andover, Exeter and St. Paul's have already been arranged and the schedule will be announced as soon as it is ratified by the Athletic Committee.

Practice for both University and Freshman squads will begin on Monday, but as the Arena in Boston will not open before December 10 it will consist largely in shooting practice and long runs. Inasmuch as M. B. Phillips '15 and Captain Claflin are the only two regulars back from last year's seven, and as in all probability Phillips will be unable to play owing to an operation for appendicitis last summer, every available man who can play hockey should make a point of being at the meeting Friday evening.