BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

Judging by the number of war communications from members of the University, there is no lack of interest at Harvard in war in general or in the present European war in particular. This interest, however, apparently lies in the desire of expressing opinions about the war and not in taking any steps to alleviate the sufferings of those who are at present caught in the grasp of the conflict. Outside of contributing to several Red Cross and clothing collections, Harvard men have done little or nothing for the war sufferers. We are far behind other colleges in this respect. A current number of the Illustrated contains the picture of a group of Princeton club men engaged in turning out "48 rolls of bandages in 49 minutes." This is a suggestion that well may be followed by the different clubs and others in the University. The cost of bandage material and rolling machines is slight, and one hour a day spent in the manufacture of bandages would inconvenience but a few and be a satisfaction to many. It is high time undergraduate interest in the present war should rise above the talking point and reach a point of action that would result in definite good to mankind.