SWIMMERS TO PRACTICE STROKES

University and 1918 Candidates Start Regular Work Nov. 25.

The swimming team will start regular practice on November 25, at which time candidates for both the University and Freshman teams will commence work. It is planned to have more matches this year than heretofore, two meets a week having been arranged. Meets during the first part of the season have been scheduled with various Y. M. C. A.'s and swimming clubs in and around Boston. Later, meets will be held with Andover, Worcester Academy, Springfield Y. M. C. A. College, Amherst, Williams, Columbia, City College of New York and Brown. Plans are also being made for an extended trip to last for several days.

All men of the Freshman class intending to try for the 1918 team should sign blue-books in the Common Rooms of Smith, Standish, and Gore, or at Leavitt & Peirce's before tomorrow noon. Coach Mann will be at the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. every Monday evening between 8 and 9.30 o'clock to give instruction to any candidates who wish it. men intending to try for the team would do well to take advantage of this opportunity for instruction before the regular practice begins.

The Freshman swimming team will this year have its own manager, contrary to previous custom.