WESTERN EXCHANGE PROFESSORS.

A meeting was held recently at which fourteen members of the University, all graduates of Knox College, assembled to talk over the relations between Eastern and Western institutions of learning. President McClelland of Knox was present. Knox is one of the small Western colleges with which Harvard exchanges, and its proportionately large representation in the graduate departments of the University is undoubtedly due in no small measure to this fact.

Harvard's relations with the college on its exchange list are increasingly cordial, and every year the number of men from the West who are attracted to the University by its faculty representatives in the West grows larger. No more tangible evidence of the success of the exchange system could be given than the meeting of the Knox men. If the feeling between the Eastern and Western colleges, which unfortunately is at times not cordial, and which militates against co-operation is to be overcome, the exchange system is going to be one of the strongest agencies in the process.