BUSY SEASON FOR TRACK SQUAD

Indoor For All Candidates Begins Immediately After Recess.

On Monday, January 4, immediately after the Christmas recess, regular track work will begin for both the University and Freshman squads. Practice will be held every afternoon for the runners on the board track on Soldiers Field, under the direction of Coach Donovan and the field event men under Coach powers will work in the Baseball Cage. Weekly competitions in the high jump, broad jump, shot-put, and pole-vault will be held as usual, the men who have the highest averages in each of these events being awarded prizes at the end of the season. Opportunity to enter several indoor meets will be given these men throughout the winter, thus sffording inexperienced men an excellent chance to obtain valuable practice in competition. A number of field even men will be entered in the I. C. A. A. A. A, relay championship meet in Madison Square Garden, New York. on March 6, in whbich the five highest men in certain field events will be scored as a team in the same manner as a cross-country team.

Relay Races Scheduled.

Candidated for University short and long distance indoor relay teams and the Freshman relay team will practice regularly after the re-opening of College, since the teams will be entered in several indoor meets. On January 23, a University relay team will oppose Technology in the Coast Artillery Meet in Boston; on January 30, in the I. A. A. C. Meet the University team will run against the B. A. A. team, and in the B. A. A. Meet of February 6, the University will oppose Cornell and Yale in relay races, and the Freshman team will run against the Yale 1918 relay team. The Yale and Princeton teams will also be met by the University teams in long and short distance races respectively in a meet at Hartford on February 20. Team entries will also be made in the I. C. A. A. A. A. relay championships in New York on March 6.