MUSICAL CLUBS START WEST

HOLIDAY TRIP OF FIFTY-THREE MEN INCLUDES EIGHT CONCERTS.

The University Musical Clubs leave this evening at 11:15 o'clock for their Western trip, which will occupy the entire vacation. Fifty three men, including two managers and a coach, will make the trip, travelling in two special Pullmans and a baggage car, the last being used as a dressing room.

Eight concerts are to be given as follows:

December 23.--Syracuse.

December 25.--Akron.

December 26.--Cleveland,

December 28.--Milwaukee.

December 29.--St. Paul.

December 30.--Chicago.

December 31.--St. Louis.

January 2.--Detroit, dual concert with Michigan.

The trip has been planned by the manager of the clubs, and will be under the direction of an executive committee composed of the officers.

The concerts in all the cities are under the auspices of the various local Harvard Clubs. Many entertainments have been planned by alumni, which should serve to make the trip a great success socially. Al example of the festivities to be tendered the clubs is the program which has been arranged at Syracuse. The men will be met at the train by automobiles, and taken around the city. At one o'clock they will have luncheon at the Century Club, and at 4 will be entertained at a tea-dance at the Sedgwick Farm Club. The clubs will give their concert in the Empire Theatre at 8 o'clock, and afterward will attend a dance at the Onandaga Hotel. Even more elaborate plans than this have been made in Milwaukee, St. Paul, Chicago, and St. Louis. On Christmas Eve the clubs will be given a Christmas dinner at the University club of Cleveland. They will spend Christmas Day in Akron. New Years Day will be spent in St. Louis. The clubs will arrive in Boston, on the return, Sunday evening, January 3, at 10.50 o'clock.

The advance sale of tickets in many of the cities has been very large, considering the season and the competition with organizations from other universities, so that the trip should be financially successful.

Program in Detail.The following program will be given at all the concerts on the trip:  PART FIRST.1.  Cavalier Song, Glee Club.  Sanford2.  Lancashire Clogs, Banjo Club.  Grimshaw3.  Drake's Drum, Glee Club.  Coleridge-Taylor  Intermezzo: Solo by Mr. O. G. Kirkpatrick.4.  Destiny,  Baynes, arr. by Rice Mandolin Club.5:  (a)The Long Day Closes,  Sullivan  (b)The Elf Man, Glee Club.  Gibson  PART SECOND.6.  Medley,  Arr. by Rice  Banjo Club.7.  (a)The Quartet,  GeneeMessrs. Roope, Allen, Bingham, and Tibbetts.(b)You Can't Play Every Instrument in the Band, Cawthorne and GoldenMr. J. R. O. Perkins.8.  Bayo Baya,  Stone  Mandolin Club.9.  (a)Old Medley,  Selected(b)Football Songs. Glee Club.10.  Fair Harvard, Glee Club.  Arr by Gilman, 181