THEY TIRED THE FIDDLER QUITE

Ninth Junior Dance in Union Achieves Success.--Unusual Number of Guests.

The ninth annual Junior Dance was given in the Union last night by the class of 1915. In every respect the occasion was a great success. The entire ground floor was given up to the guests. The Living Room, bordered by palms and with an open fire in the southern fireplace, was used for dancing. The Hall, Dining Room, Periodical Room Card Room, and Reading Room were arranged with boxes separated by screens of palms, ferns, and spruce. The rooms were hung with festoons of laurel and smilax, to which were attached rows of Japanese lanterns.

Over three hundred and fifty guests were present, more ladies attending this year than ever before. The dancing began at 9 o'clock and the first twelve numbers lasted till 11.30 o'clock, when supper was served in the north end of the Dining Room. After an hour's intermission the dancing began again and lasted till 3 o'clock. The twenty-four numbers of the dance were played by Urial Davis's orchestra.