Items of Interest to University

"Pops" Open Tonight.

The twenty-eighth season of "Pop" concerts will open in Symphony Hall this evening. Two-thirds of the regular Boston Symphony Orchestra, or 62 men, will render varying programs of classical and popular music every evening except Sunday until Thursday, July 3. Mr. Urack, the new assistant conductor of the Symphony Orchestra will conduct for the first three weeks.

Championship Fencing Finals.

The finals of the University championship fencing meet will be held at the Boston Athletic Association this afternoon at 5 o'clock. Two cups have been offered by the Harvard Athletic Association. The following four men were retained for the finals: J. A. Aylen '15, S. F. Damon '14, A. B. deKay '16, and R. von Nardroff '15.

Interclass Soccer Games.

Interclass soccer games will begin tomorrow afternoon, when the Freshmen meet the Sophomores, and the Juniors meet the Seniors. On Wednesday afternoon, the two winners play for the interclass championship.

All wishing to enter should see E. L. Barron '13, Thayer 36.

Senior Album Book-Plate Design.

The design for the Senior Album book-plate submitted by B. B. Locke '13, of Cambridge, has been accepted by the committee in charge. Drawings submitted by other competitors may be secured by them at Thayer 32 this afternoon between 2 and 3 o'clock.

Golf Team Tied Agawam Hunt Club.

The University golf team made a very creditable showing in its second match of the season last Saturday afternoon, drawing a 3 to 3 tie with the strong Agawam Hunt Club team of Providence, R. I. Most of the matches were closely contested, and two went to the nineteenth green. B. W. Estabrook '14, after finishing all even with his opponent for the 18 holes, lost to O. Fairchild on the extra hole. S. P. Griffitts '15 and N. S. Campbell halved both nines, the former winning the match on the nineteenth green.

Regrading of Courts Completed.

The regrading of the tennis courts on Jarvis Field is now completed and all the courts are open for play. Hereafter the limit of consecutive play will be an hour and a half instead of a half-hour when the courts are crowded.

Appointment to Register Board.

W. O. Fenn '14 of Cambridge has been appointed an editor of the University Register for the year 1913-14.

Assistant Debating Team Manager.

R. J. White '15, of Watertown, has been appointed second assistant manager of the University debating team