SEEK FUNDS FOR ZULU WORK

Captain Cele Plans to Teach Practical Arts to His Countrymen.

Captain Mandikane Q. Cele, the Zulu prince, who gave an interesting talk in the Union last December, is leaving soon for Africa to found a school for the negroes of his native land. This school is to be known as the Armstrong Institute and is backed by Harvard, Yale, and Brown.

The prestige which such a backing carries with it is bound to be of great help, but more substantial support is necessary if the enterprise is to be a success. Captain Cele needs money to carry out his undertaking and, as his funds are low, he appeals to the undergraduates of Harvard, Yale, and Brown, and to any others interested in his work, to contribute to the cause. The amount of good which contributions, large or small, will do is inestimable and it is hoped that all will respond generously to the appeal. Contributions should be sent to J. C. Talbot '15, secretary of the Union, the Harvard Union, Cambridge.

Captain Cele is a graduate of Hampton Institute where he took courses in black-smithing, carpentry, agriculture and other useful arts, is well fitted to carry on the work of the Armstrong Institute, to enlighten the superstitious Zulus, and to teach, them to apply thought in the use of their hands.