THE COLLEGE AND THE SCHOOLS.

The interscholastic track meet and tennis championships held under the auspices of the University have become established institutions. The benefits to both sides have long been recognized. The schools are afforded better facilities and brought into contact with the University and from this latter benefit the University also derives profit as well as from the pleasure of having the students of the schools, competitors and partisans alike, among us. The closer organization of college and school has many advantages ramifying into all parts of the system.

The holding of the Interscholastic Gymnastic Meet in Hemenway this evening but continues a well credited policy, and in addition to this gives merited encouragement to a less prominent branch of athletics. We wish the facilities at our disposal were better in this regard and the need for a new gymnasium is no more keenly felt than when we attempt to extend hospitality in this form to the preparatory schools. Such as we have we gladly offer, hoping better for the near future.