EMINENT SUFFRAGETTE HERE

Mrs. Breckinridge to Talk on "Votes for Women."--Recognized as Leader in Popular Movement.

Mrs. Desha Breckinridge, vice-president of the National American Woman Suffrage Association, will speak on "Votes for Women" at 4.30 o'clock today in Emerson D. The lecture will be under the auspices of the Harvard Equal Suffrage League and will be open only to members of the University.

Mrs. Breckinridge, who has a reputation as one of the most gifted orators among the suffragists, is a grand-daughter of Henry Clay. She was elected to the vice-presidency of the National Suffrage Association quite recently, and soon became one of its most active and influential leaders. She has spoken for her cause all over the country and is very prominent in social reform measures in her native state, Kentucky, having for many years held the presidency of the Civic League of Lexington, a non-partisan association of men and women which interests itself in reform legislation. While in this office, she was largely instrumental in obtaining the passage of the compulsory schooling law in Kentucky and also a law providing for the establishment of juvenile courts. She likewise succeeded in instituting manual training in the public schools of Kentucky.