MUSICAL CLUBS AMALGAMATE

UNIVERSITY GLEE, MANDOLIN AND BANJO CLUBES FORM NEW ASSOCIATION.

It has definitely been decided to form a Harvard University Musical Clubs Association, composed of the University Glee, Mandolin, and Banjo Clubs. The three main purposes of this organization are to secure first a more complete union between the three clubs, the foundation upon which further improvements may rest; secondly, the assurance of a trip every year to give the men more definite reward for which to work; and thirdly, the ratification of the manager of the clubs by the Student Council, which will give more stimulus to manager candidates, because they will be assured of an absolutely square competition and of an authority higher than the manager to appeal to in case of dissention.

It is proposed to have special officers for the association which shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Faculty Advisor, a Manager, an Assistant Manager, and an Executive Committee. The latter is to be made up of the above officers and the officers of the three individual clubs.