BASEBALL WITH HOLY CROSS

HISTORIC SERIES STARTS AT WORCESTER.--MAHAN VS. MURRAY ON MOUND.

The University baseball team will meet Holy Cross in the first of their annual two game series at Worcester this afternoon. The other game will be played on Soldiers Field on June 10. Holy Cross has defeated the University team at Worcester for the last three years and this afternoon's game will be very close. Holy Cross was defeated by Yale by the score of 1 to 0, but Murray, the Holy Cross pitcher, allowed the New Havenites only one hit. The game today should form a basis upon which the relative strength of the Yale and Harvard teams may be judged.

Mahan will probably pitch for the University team, with Hardwick back in his regular position in left field. The remainder of the Harvard line-up will be the same as that which faced Pennsylvania on Saturday. Murray will likely start in the box for Holy Cross, and judging from his showing against Yale, he should cause no little trouble for the Harvard team. The batting orders follow: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Mahan, p.  2b., J. Murray Wingate, s.s.  3b., Martin Clark, 2b.  s.s., Saunders Nash, 1b.  1b., Ostegren Ayres, 3b.  c.f., O'Brien Gannett, r.f.  c, Murphy Milholland, c.f  l.f., Rogers Hardwick, l.f.  r.f., Graney Osborn, c.  p., R. Murray