EDUCATIONAL CONVENTION HERE

American Institute of Instruction to Meet at Cambridge in July.

The American Institute of Instruction will hold its eighty-third convention at the University, July 1, 2 and 3. Since the convention opens on the same day as the Summer School, many of the Faculty of the latter, gathered from all over the country will be able to participate in the discussions of the Institute. During the three days of the convention, the University buildings and museums will be thrown open for inspection and a reception and luncheon will be given to the visitors. Addresses will be given on subjects of national interest and of general educational interest to the public. There will be definite presentation of specific points in educational theory and practice.

The convention will open in Sanders Theatre, on Wednesday evening, July 1, at 8 o'clock. Professor H. H. Holmes, of the Department of Education, together with Timothy E. Good, Mayor of Cambridge, will deliver the address of welcome. There will be three addresses during the evening, all bearing on different educational problems, given by the Commission of Education of Massachusetts, and the superintendents of education of New Hampshire and Vermont.

Session in Sanders.

The following morning will be taken up by several talks beginning at 9.30 o'clock, and also given in Sanders Theatre. Notable among these will be the one on "Shall Education Select by Elimination or by Training?" by C. A. Prossen, Instructor of Vocal Guidance in the Summer School. That same evening Governor Walsh will preside over the joint meeting of the American School Peace League and the A. I. I. Later Justice William Riddell of the Supreme Court of Ontario, and Hamilton Holt, editor of the Independent will speak.

The third and last day will open with a session in Sanders Theatre at 9.30 o'clock and an address by Arthur W. Dunn, United States Bureau of Education, on "Community Civics in Elementary and High Schools." Finishing up the program of the morning will come an address by Professor A. B. Hart '80, of the History Department of "Fresh Points of View in American History." Following this in the afternoon session will come more addresses. The convention will be concluded with a talk by A. E. Winship, editor of the Journal of Education.