FIRST ATTACK ON PROBATION

STUDENT COUNCIL NAMES COMMITTEE TO CHANGE STUDENTS' ATTITUDE.

At the final meeting of the Student Council for this year held last night, the Committee on Probation, appointed according to the vote taken at the preceding meeting, presented the following recommendations:

(1). To authorize the Executive Committee to appoint a Committee of from twelve to fifteen men who will be available at any time to assist the chairman in helping with specific cases of negligence toward studies, and to take a definite stand against the light manner in which probation is regarded by many undergraduates.

(2). To recommend to the Faculty that at the discretion of the Committee the names of all men who go on probation be printed in the CRIMSON according to the most effective scheme which may be decided upon.

After a thorough discussion of these recommendations, the Council voted unanimously to accept them. The following committee was appointed: The five major sport captains, the four class presidents, the president and secretary of the Student Council, the president of the CRIMSON, and the president of the Musical Clubs Association. With the appointment of this committee the movement against the present sentiment in regard to probation is definitely on foot.