THE THANKS OF THE RED CROSS.

Many organizations, on receiving contributions, cease their urgent appeals abruptly and do little to show their appreciation; not so the American Red Cross Society. Miss Mabel T. Boardman who has been prominent in the society's work in European war relief, is coming to Cambridge today to thank the University for its aid. Her courtesy is appreciated by all who did their share for her cause.

Miss Boardman will find that interest in the Red Cross work has by no means subsided. While another "tag-day" is not advocated by any considerable number of men, there are plenty of members of the University who are planning to contribute not only money but their personal services to the Red Cross work. Miss Boardman will find in them an interested audience.

Curtis Guild '81, a former Governor of Massachusetts speaks in Emerson this afternoon under the auspices of the Political Science Club. Mr. Guild has had a brilliant career in public life, not only as Governor of this Commonwealth for a term of years, but in diplomatic circles as well. His varied experiences have given him abundant material for an interesting address.

To facilitate the arrangements of the committee, it is essential that all Freshmen purchase tickets for the Class Dinner immediately. Few have thus far attended to this matter and a much larger number must be present to make the dinner a success.

The report of the Appointments Bureau of the Harvard Medical Alumni Association for the past year shows that the number of positions to be filled was more than double the number of applicants.

Members of the University interested in art should not neglect to see the painting attributed to Roger Van der Weyden which has been placed on exhibition at the Fogg Art Museum.