1918 WON SPIRITED CONTEST

Regulars Defeated, 2 to 0, Yesterday at Arena in Final Scrimmage Before Yale Game.

The University hockey team had a spirited scrimmage with the Freshman seven at the Arena yesterday afternoon which resulted in a 2 to 0 victory for 1918. J. E. P. Morgan '17, at point for the University, cut his eye quite severely and was forced to withdraw from the game, Doty taking his place. He will, however, be ready for the game with Yale tomorrow night. Phillips has not yet returned to work, but it is expected that he too will be able to play tomorrow night.

The game yesterday was an unusually fast one and both teams showed good team-work and strong, aggressive play. W. Morgan and Rice scored for the Freshmen, Morgan's goal coming after the injury to J. E. P. Morgan. The University seven has made rapid strides during the past week and with Morgan and Phillips in the line-up, should give a good account of itself tomorrow night.

The University and Freshman sevens lined up as follows yesterday: FRESHMEN  UNIVERSITY. W. Morgan, 1.w.  r.w., Wanamaker Condon, 1.c.  r.c., Baldwin Rice, r.c.  1.c., Townsend Percy, r.w.  1.w., Cunningham, Curtis Thacher, c.p.  c.p., Claflin Pratt, p.  p., Morgan, Doty Gwathmey, g.  g., Wylde

Yale in Arena Tomorrow.

The Yale hockey team comes to Cambridge for the game with the University seven tomorrow night, fresh from its 3 to 1 victory over Princeton last Wednesday. The Yale seven has been driven hard for the last two weeks and has shown marked improvement.

Following are the statistics of the regulars on the opposing teams:

Opposing Players.

Captain Sweeney, rover on the Yale team is 21 years old, weighs 155 pounds, and is 5 feet, 10 inches tall. He is a strong, aggressive player, with excellent stick-work and considerable speed. He has been on the team for two years.

Murray, at left centre, was captain of last year's Freshman team and played a strong defensive game at coverpoint. This year he has been used in the for Hard line on the university. He was formerly one of the defense men on the Paul's School seven of 1913. He is years old, weighs 168 pounds and is feet, 11 inches in height.

The right wing, MacDonald, is, next to Sweeney, probably the most dangerous on the Yale team. His speed, weakness, and shooting ability make in spite of his small size, a very unable man. He was formerly a member of the St. Paul's School team and has been on the Yale team three years. He is 22 years old, weights 150 pounds is 5 feet, 7 inches in height.

Rockey, who frequently plays the left the position, is a fast, aggressive played. with two years experience on the. left. He prepared at St. Paul's School. His weighs 155 pounds, is 21 years old, is 5 feet, 10 inches in height.

Wachanan has played left wing all thought the early part of the season, lately he has been left out of the setup, the forward line consisting of array and MacDonald, wings, with key and Sweeney centres.

Emerson, at counterpoint, is an aggressive after, equally good on the offense or sense. He has been on the team two and was formerly used in the line is 21 years old, 5 feet, 11 inches in weights 150 pounds.

Kerwirth at point, is an exceptionally defense man, but is not particularly strong on offensive play. This is his year on the team. He is 19 years old, weights 165 pounds and is 5 feet, 10 inches in height.

York has been announced as goal for the game tomorrow night, although Schiller has been the regular goal-tend thus far this season. York is 19 years old, weighs 160 pounds and is 5 feet, 10 inches in height. This is his first year on the team.

University Team.

Cunningham, at left wing for the University, was out of the game during the early part of the season due to an operation, but since his return he has done good work, although it is doubtful if he is up to the standard of the University forwards. He is 20 years old, weighs 165 pounds, is 5 feet, 10 and 1-2 inches in height and has been on the squad for 2 years. He prepared at Noble and Greenough's.

Townsend at left centre is an exceptionally hard, accurate shooter, with unusual speed and stick-work. He prepared at St. Paul's School. He is 20 years old, weighs 145 pounds and, is 5 feet, 8 inches in height. He played on last year's Freshman seven.

The right centre, Phillips, is probably the fastest man on the team, and one of the best. He is a very consistent player and rarely misses a chance to score. He prepared at Milton Academy, is 20 years old, 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs 179 pounds. He has been three years on the squad and won his "H" last year.

Baldwin at right centre, is fairly fast and is a good consistent player. He was a member of last year's 1917 seven and prepared at Volkmann's School. He is 19 years old, weighs 140 pounds and is 5 feet, 10 3-4 inches in height.

Curtis, who alternates with Cunningham at left wing, is another valuable player. He prepared at Groton, is 21 years old, 6 feet, 1 inch tall, and weighs 175 pounds.

Captain Claflin, at coverpoint, is one of the best defensive players in the country and is nearly as good on the offensive. He has been on the squad for three years. He prepared at Noble and Greenough's. He is 21 years old, weighs 155 pounds and is 5 feet, 8 inches in height.

Morgan, with Claflin, marks one of the strongest college defenses of the season, the two working together very effectively. Morgan is 19 years old, weighs 159 pounds and is 5 feet, 8 inches in height. He prepared at Middlesex.

Wylde has played a consistently good game at goal throughout the season. He is 21 years old, 6 feet tall, and weighs 144 pounds. He prepared at Noble and Greenough's.

Wanamaker is the utility substitute of the line, being equally good at wing or forward. He has done excellent work this season. He prepared at Melrose. He is 21 years old, weighs 152 pounds and is 5 feet, 7 inches in height

Yale in Arena Tomorrow.

Opposing Players.

University Team.