HOCKEY PRACTICE IN RECESS

UNIVERSITY TEAM PLAYING FASTER AND MORE AGGRESSIVE GAME.

The University hockey squad returned to Cambridge on December 30 for daily practice at the Arena. On that day a brief scrimmage and drill in passing and shooting was held. The men seemed to have improved in team-play and the work was very satisfactory.

On Thursday Team A played a practice game with the B. A. A. seven, in which they were defeated 4 to 3. The University showed decided improvement and played a fast aggressive game. Phillips scored one of the tallies for the University and Kissel the other two. G. Townsend played a consistent game and Captain Claflin showed his usual form. Hicks scored 3 goals for the B. A. A. and Huntington 1.

On Friday, teams A and B had a brisk, hard-fought scrimmage in which both sevens showed to advantage. Wylde received a broken nose which may keep him out of the game for a few days, Stanton taking his place. Curtis returned to the line-up and played a hard and consistent game. The stick-work of the players is not all that might be desired, but with the rapid development in team-play and accuracy in passing shooting this defect should be overed to some extent by Wednesday when University will meet the Queen's College seven at the Arena at 8.15 o'clock.

Teams A and B have been lining up follows:

TEAM A.  TEAM BWanamaker, Curtis, l.w.  r.w., G. Townsend, l.c.  r.c., BaldPhillips, r.c.  l.c., E. O. BKissel, Bliss, r.w.  l.w., FisClaflin, c.p.  c.p., DMorgan, p.  p., EckfStanton, Wylde, g.  g., Harte.