A CALL FOR TRACK MEN.

Frequently it is pointed out that track athletics is one of the more important sports in which the individual ability of a contestant shows to its greatest advantage. In football, hockey, even baseball, team-play is the unit of measure and very often the most deserving receive the least praise, when praise is given.

In track athletics, however, none of the complexities apparent where the factor is the team and not the individual, is so conspicuously in evidence.

Men win races on their own ability. The track athlete, in the sense that his success depends almost entirely upon himself in proportion to the time that he devotes to the sport and the interest that he takes in it, practically develops himself.

It is true, as the athletic records of the country, the University's included, show, that there are numberless instances wherein so-called "green" men have been developed into the best runners on the teams.

It is primarily for that class of men who have had no previous experience in track athletics that tonight's meeting in the Union has been called. They, as well as all other candidates for this year's team, are urged to be present.