SPIRITED PRACTICE RESUMED

Team A Scores 6 Points Against Team B's 2 in First Scrimmage After Christmas Vacation.

The University hockey squad held its first practice after the recess at the Arena yesterday afternoon. After a long drill in passing and shooting Teams A and B lined up for a spirited half-hour's scrimmage. Team A scored 6 goals to Team B's 2. The first score of the game was made by Wanamaker of Team B, who carried the puck down the rink and with a low, clean shot drove the puck past Wylde. Phillips and Curtis scored twice from scrimmage and Captain Claflin once took the puck the length of the rink. Weld stopped his drive but Claflin caught the rebound and scored. Townsend made two clean shots and Baldwin, who had moved up from Team B to right wing on Team A made a long drive past Harte. Fisher, for Team B made the final score of the practice.

Doty, at coverpoint on Team B, played a fast, aggressive game, the work of the defense on both teams being excellent. Townsend's stick-work and shooting were unusually good. Wylde, in spite of a broken nose, was back at goal and played a consistent game. The stick-work of the players had improved since last week and by the time of the game with Queen's College tomorrow night the team should be working smoothly.

Teams A and B lined up as follows: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Curtis, l.w.  r.w., Kissel G. Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Baldwin, Rumsey Phillips, r.c. l.c.,  Wanamaker, E. O. Baker Bliss, Baldwin, r.w.  l.w., Fisher Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Doty Morgan, p.  p., Clark, Eckfeldt Wylde, Stanton, g.  g., Harte, Weld

The training table for the hockey squad began at the Varsity Club yesterday morning and 20 men are now eating there.