FRESHMEN WILL OPEN SEASON AT ANDOVER

Untried First-Year Line-up to Oppose Weakened Academy Eleven This Afternoon

The Freshman football team will play its first game of the season this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock against Andover at Andover. The entire first squad of 35 men will make the trip.

The scrimmage during the last week has served to round the men into excellent form and to develop the team into an efficient football machine. In scrimmages early in the week with the second squad the team showed up finely and as a result the work yesterday was light. Head Coach L. Saltonstall '14 has been drilling the men, especially the backfield, in the fine points of the game.

The result of this afternoon's game will be watched with unusual interest, for it is the first game the Freshmen have played since the change from last year's dormitory system.

Andover Backfield Weakened.

Andover will be without three of its first-string backfield men in today's game as a result of injuries incurred in last Saturday's game with Cushing Academy which Andover won, 13 to 0. Gould is the only regular who is due to start the contest in the backfield. The rest of the team will be the same as that which started the Cushing Acadamy game.

The officials will be: R. Vantight, referee; R. Beebe, umpire; W. Hogkins, linesman.