CHARLES A. COOLIDGE, JR. ELECTED 1917 PRESIDENT

Morgan Vice-President and MacDougall Will Have Charge of the 1918 Finances.

In the Junior class elections held yesterday Charles Allerton Coolidge, Jr., of Boston, was elected president with a total of 516 points against 628 cast for H. B. Cabot, Jr., the lowest number electing by the Australian preferential ballot system. The vote for vice-president resulted in the election of John Irton Wylde, of Boston, defeating G. C. Caner, 361 to 383. Robert Baldwin, of West Newton, was elected secretary-treasurer by 453 against 479 points cast for Francis Higginson Cabot, Jr.

The following men were elected to the Student Council from 1917: Richard Harte, of Philadelphia, Pa., 231; West-more Willcox, Jr., of Norfolk, Va., 200; Eric Alexander Douglas, of Buffalo, N. Y., 136; Norman Elwell Burbidge, of Spokane, Wash., 127. The elections to the Student Council are by direct vote, the largest number winning.

Senior Elections to Council.

From the Senior class two men were elected to the Student Council. The men elected and the votes they received were: Richard Norris Williams, 2d, of Cambridge, 56; Henry Ludwig Flood Kreger, of Fairfield, Me., 46. The remaining votes were cast as follows: Clifford Frederick Farrington, of Cambridge, 35; Donald Clarke Watson, of Milton, 29; William Cowper Boyden, of Winnetka, Ill., 20; Frank Walker Wheeler, of Brooklyn, N. Y., 15.

New Sophomore Officers.

In the Sophomore elections Morrill Wiggin, of Brookline, with 447 points against 726 for Arthur Campbell Sullivan was elected president and William Otho Morgan, of Highland Park, Ill., was elected vice-president, defeating Nils Victor Nelson, 636 to 858. Albert Edward MacDougall, of Flushing, N. Y., was elected secretary-treasurer with 566 points over Paul Squibb, who had 610.

Walker Blaine Beale, of Augusta, Me., was elected to the Student Council over Horace Alonzo Quimby by a direct vote of 127 to 94.