CORNELL BOASTS BEST ELEVEN IN ITS HISTORY

Ithacans Have Made Impressive Record in Early Season Games.

Cornell comes here Saturday full of confidence, for there is little doubt that this year's eleven is one of the strongest teams that has ever represented the university. Even though Cornell has not opposed any of the big teams so far this season, the fact that it could defeat Oberlin 34 to 7, beat Williams 46 to 6, and overwhelm Bucknell 41 to 0 shows the tremendous scoring power of the machine. Although the Red and White has fallen before the crimson in ten contests during the past, its men come here next Saturday determined to break the run of luck. Pennsylvania is for the moment forgotten, the Michigan game is taken for granted, the Ithacan slogan is, "On to Harvard."

Cornell Stronger Than Formerly.

Nor is this confidence unfounded, for Cornell, man for man, will be stronger than any team that has visited the Stadium this year. The rush line from tackle to tackle averages 192 pounds, Cool, at centre, who weighs 168 pounds being the lightest man in the line. He is, however, the oldest man on the squad and a hard fighter with lots of experience. The guards, Anderson and Miller, both tip the scales at over 200 pounds and have proved veritable stonewalls on the defense. Miller, moreover, kicks off and usually drops the ball in the vicinity of the opponent's 10-yard line. At left end Shelton, last year's wonder, promises to surpass his former work. He weighs 168 pounds and is a fast and sure tackler. Right end is Cornell's weakest point, there still being no choice between Eckley and Zander. The line plunges as a single unit and, in the recent games, has often opened up for the backs holes three-men wide.

Captain Barrett is the star of the team. His generalship, broken-field running, and punting (he is usually considered good for 60 yards) putting him almost in a class by himself. The light and speedy Colling, who scored three times against Williams, will be found at left halfback, while Shiverick, a punter and drop-kicker of no mean ability will fill the other halfback position. Mueller will doubtless play fullback, for he is not only a consistent and vicious line plunger, but a most reliable secondary defense man.