CORNELL ELEVEN WITH IMPRESSIVE EARLY SEASON RECORD FACES UNIVERSITY TEAM THIS AFTERNOON

THACANS COME WITH VETERAN LINE-UP LED BY CAPTAIN BARRETT.--PUNTING DUEL BETWEEN RIVAL LEADERS TO BE FEATURE OF TODAY'S CONTEST.

At 3 o'clock this afternoon the Stadium will see the beginning of the first big contest on the University's 1915 schedule, the eleventh football clash between Harvard and Cornell.

Each team has gone thus far in its season without defeat. While the University has been disposing of its various opponents, the Ithacans have been defeating Gettysburg, 13 to 0; Oberlin, 34 to 6; Williams, 46 to 7; and Bucknell, 41 to 0. In the two respective schedules, unfortunately, there have been no games in common from which to draw comparisons, but too much emphasis is not to be laid on Cornell's higher scores, as the teams which have played the Red and White have undoubtedly been inferior to those which have met the Crimson.

Visitors' Backfield Heavy.

In a comparison of weights, Cornell has a slight advantage, for while the University averages two pounds more in the line with a figure of 186, the visitors have a distinct advantage in the backfield. Their quartet averages 172 pounds, while Harvard's averages 163. From tackle to tackle, the figures are 193 and 192, Cornell being the heavier.

Neither eleven can boast a thoroughly veteran line-up. New material is to be seen on each side, and that being the case, the break of the game will undoubtedly rest largely on how well the two teams have been coached. Captain Barrett and Shelton, last year considered by Walter Camp as All-American possibilities, are the greatest stars of the Cornell eleven, while Gillies and Cool have the reputations of linemen of much more than average ability. From Harvard's stand-point, Coach Haughton is sending in the best eleven he has. Enwright is the only man rated as a regular who will be unavailable for play, and the game should prove a good test of what the University team can do with practically the entire list of regulars able to get into the game.

Full 15-minute Periods.

The periods will be 15 minutes each, and the officials will be W. S. Langford, of Trinity, referee; C. J. McCarty, Jr., of Germantown Academy, umpire; G. N. Bankart, of Dartmouth, linesman; and L. H. Bankart, of Dartmouth, extra official. Tickets at $1 and $1.50 can be procured at the H. A. A., at Leavitt & Peirce's, and may also be had at the gate. H. A. A. and season tickets admit to this game as usual. Ladies are not to be seated in the cheering section. Space for automobiles is provided within the field, entrance to which is directly from North Harvard street. 1

Traffic Facilities Arranged.

In the Cambridge subway four-car trains will start from the Washington street station at 1.41 o'clock on a two-minute schedule which will continue until 3 o'clock all trams running through to the Stadium station. After the game, trains will start from the Stadium station at two-minute intervals.