LAWYERS NEEDED IN PRESENT WAR CRISIS

President Lowell, Dean Scott, and Professor Frankfurter Told First-Year Law Students.

President Lowell, Dean Scott of the Law School, and Professor Felix Frankfurter L. '06, addressing a gathering of the members of the first-year law class in the Union last evening, emphasized the great need of the law trained man in the present international crisis and spoke on the advantages to students of mingling freely with each other.

President Lowell explained the present high standing of the Law School as due to the fact that its students are drawn from all parts of the United States and when they leave help to centralize the law of the country by this common bond. The good relations between Faculty and students and the membership in clubs of men who are not from one section of the country aid in producing this result.

Dean Scott justified the casting of the first-year men into the great sea of the law without an introduction as necessary to individual thought and self-reliance. "The friendly atmosphere and attitude between students and members of the Faculty of the Law School, is not equalled anywhere else in the world," Dean Scott asserted.

"Keep in touch with the current of world affairs", said Professor Frankfurter. "Never in history has there been such a seething time of intellectual ferment. A great part of the management of present day affairs lies in the hands of the legally trained man. Application to the work of the courses is a necessary part of such tr5aining, but is valueless without a realization of its real, living application to outside forces and the passing affairs of life."