UNIVERSITY ELEVEN WENT THROUGH LIGHT WORK-OUT

Team B Defeated Second Squad Men 9-0 in Short Scrimmage Yesterday Afternoon.

Yesterday was set aside as a day of rest for the University eleven. The exhausting effects of Saturday's mud-battle were such that Coach Haughton deemed it advisable that his regulars should go through a work-out of a light nature only.

Team B had a short and hard scrimmage with the seconds, but Team A took seats in the Stadium and merely looked on.

A black-board talk on the M. A. C. game was followed by preliminary work consisting of individual coaching. The candidates for all positions were each given their share of instruction by Haughton's staff of helpers, the tackles, guards, and centres coming in for a general drill under R. T. P. Storer'14, S. B. Pennock'15, and D. C. Parmenter'13.

The short scrimmage between the seconds and Team B resulted in a 9 to 0 score for Team B. The first score came after a quick succession of plays following McElwain's punt out from behind the seconds' goal-line. Boles, who has been for the present, shifted from quarter o half back, caught the ball and made a pretty 20-yard run-back. From that point on, a series of straight line plunges by Boles and Nelson brought the play to the seconds' 15-yard line, and from there on the third down, Boles lifted a perfect drop-kick over the bar. The second score came when Lyman intercepted a forward pass and ran 80 yards for a touchdown. The seconds had one good chance to score when Murray dropped one of McElwain's spirals on his own 15-yard line. The black-jerseyed backs carried the ball 14 yards further, but there they were held for downs and the opportunity was lost. Following the scrimmage the three elevens of the first squad went through a sharp signal practice which ended the day's work. Team B in scrimmage lined up as follows: lyman, l.e.; R. C. Curtis, l.t.; Burr, l.g.; Sagar, c.; Snow, r.g.; Caner, r.t.; Coolidge, r.e.; Gardner, qq, Nelson, l.h.h; Boles, r.h.b.; Horween. f.b.