ONE SOLUTION.

A solution of the eternal problem of the choice of a vocation might be found for more men if the possibilities of South America were given more consideration. Argentine exports more corn than any other country and South America is the leading cattle raising region of the world. This vast agricultural territory is dependent mainly on foreign trade for its manufactures; and now that the war has interfered with Europe's monopoly of this market, an opportunity, much talked of but little appreciated, has been given to Americans to secure a foothold in it.

A great deal, however, must be learned by the American business man before he can meet the needs and prejudices of these Latin peoples. As important as samples and credentials is a thorough knowledge of the manners, customs, and characteristics of the South American population. A great deal of institutional and economic knowledge of that country is given in the courses under the new chair of Latin-American history.

For men who expect to do work in the Business School, and for all who are interested in a commercial career, South America offers an opening which cannot be dwelt upon too much.