SMITH HALL TEAM BEAT GORE HALL ELEVEN 20 TO 0

By Rapid Scoring in Last Quarter Victors Earned Right to Play Standish for Title.

The Smith Hall team defeated the Gore eleven, 20 to 0, in the first game of the interdormitory series on Soldiers Field yesterday. This gives Smith the right to play Standish for the title tomorrow.

Yesterday's contest was hotly fought and although outweighed Gore succeeded in keeping her opponent from scoring until the last quarter. At the start of the fourth period, Smith started a series of successful rushes and forced the ball up to Gore's five-yard line, from which Freeman tallied on the next play. Works kicked the goal. There was no more scoring until the last three minutes of play when Smith made two more touch-downs in lightning succession on two intercepted forward passes.--Hoffman and Craig being the individual stars. Freeman kicked the goal from the last touchdown. For Gore Collinson and Brewer excelled.

The teams lined up as follows: Smith: r.e., Towle; r.t., Whitman: r.g., Randall: c., Aiken; l.g., Stevens; l.t., Burnham: l.e., Hoffman; q.b., Hopkins; r.h.b., Freeman (captain); l.h.b., Crosscup; f.b., Craig. Gore: r.e., Martin; r.t., Mitchell: r.g., Gardner; c., Kendall (captain); l.g., Robinson; l.t., Kittredge; l.e., Shreve: q.b., Greenough; r.h.b., Collinson; l.h.b., Brewer; f.b., Hathway.

Score--Smith, 20; Gore, 0. Touchdowns--Craig, Freeman, Hoffman. Goals from touchdown--Freeman, Works. Referee--Flower. Umpire--Minot. Time of game--4 10-minute periods.