CROSS-COUNTRY SQUADS OFF FOR YALE THIS AFTERNOON

University and Freshman Runners Made Final Preparations for Races on Saturday.

The University cross-country team was given a light work-out yesterday afternoon, going over the two-mile course outside the Soldiers Field fence and following this with some grass work. The Freshmen did not run. The teams will have a final set-up this afternoon at 3 o'clock before taking the 5.15 train at Back Bay for Yale. Upon arriving in New Haven the two teams will proceed at once to the Hotel Taft which will be their headquarters until the race on Saturday.

Tomorrow morning the squads will walk over the two courses, the Freshmen over the three and one-half mile course and the University over the regular six-mile stretch. The afternoon will be spent quietly in preparation for the race on Saturday morning. The Freshman race is scheduled for 10 o'clock and the University race for 10.45.

The University squad making the trip will be composed of the following: Coach Shrubb, R. W. Babcock '17, A. R. Bancroft '17, H. R. Bechtel '17, R. S. Cook '17, R. H. Davison '17, K. E. Fuller '16, G. A. King '18, C. J. North '17, R. T. Twitchell '16 (captain), W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17, and substitutes, H. L. M. Cole '16, and H. Boyd '17.

As a result of blood-poisoning in one leg, it is possible that A. R. Bancroft '17 may be unable to go with the University cross-country team to Yale. In the event of his not being able to run, H. L. M. Cole '16 will take his place. Either W. Edgar '16 or H. S. Boyd '17 will act as substitute.

The Freshmen will line-up as follows: J. B. Hopkins, J. D. Hutchinson, J. M. Greene, E. H. Kelton, C. W. Lippitt, R. D. Sears, H. E. Small, C. S. Swan, G. H. Tilghman, R. T. Whitehouse, and C. C. Bassett (substitute).

The Freshman cross-country team has been improving rapidly since its defeat by Worcester Academy last Saturday. Captain Hutchinson and Kelton, in particular, seem promising runners.

Following is the itinerary of the University and Freshman cross-country teams:

Thursday, November 4, 3.00 P. M., run from Locker Building; 4.40 P. M. special car leaves Harvard square; 5.15 P. M., train leaves Back Bay station; 9.05 P. M., arrive New Haven. Go to Hotel Taft.

Friday, November 5, 9.30 A. M., special car leaves for Yale Field; 10.00 A. M., walk over course.

Saturday, November 6, 9.00 A. M., Freshmen leave for Yale Field; 10.00 A. M., Freshman race; 10.45 A. M., University race; 1.50 P. M., train leaves for Boston.