ELEVEN HAD LAST HARD PRACTICE BEFORE GAME

Backs Played Raggedly With Changed Signals in Stiff Scrimmage With Seconds.

In what was probably the last hard work-out before the Princeton game, the University football team yesterday afternoon went through a 45-minute scrimmage in which the entire squad took part. The drill was markedly fierce and savage, attention, however, being paid rather to the perfect execution of plays than to scoring.

The seconds used a series of Princeton plays, while the University depended on the old conservative tactics, with Mahan punting frequently and Boles, King, and McKinlock plunging at the line. The work of the backs in covering their assignments was noticeably ragged. This was undoubtedly due to the recent change in signals. King and Horween were delayed in getting down to the field, but each came in for his share in the heavy work. Boles proved to be a very consistent ground-gainer, and his presence greatly minimizes the loss through Enwright's absence, The latter will, however, be available for Saturday's game.

At the end of the scoreless scrimmage, when darkness made handling the ball impossible, the line was kept for a stiff drill in blocking and breaking through, while the backs had a hard run about the Stadium.

The first University team to oppose the seconds lined up as follows: Soucy, l.e.; Gilman, l.t.; Dadmun, l.g.; Wallace, c.; Taylor, r.g.; Parson, r.t.; Harte, r.e.; Watson, q.; Boles, l.h.b.; McKinlock, r.h.b.; Mahan, f.b. With King in place of McKinlock and Enwright possibly in Boles' place, this is probably the eleven that will face Princeton Saturday.