YALE HAS HAD EIGHTY MEN ON ALL-AMERICAN TEAMS

University Has Had 69 Players on Walter Camp's Elevens Since First Was Chosen in 1889.

An analysis of Walter Camp's All-American teams since 1889 gives Yale the leading place, 80 Yale men having been chosen to date. The University is second with 69, while Princeton and Pennsylvania follow with 51 and 34, respectively. It is interesting to note that up to 1895 only Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Pennsylvania were represented on these teams and that in three of these years Harvard, Yale and Princeton furnished the entire line-up. In 1895 one man from a smaller college was chosen. Since 1899 the big eastern universities have not ruled supreme in the choice of teams, as many as four men being chosen from smaller teams in 1901, 1903, 1906, 1908, 1910, 1912, 1913, 1914. This year the three University players on the first eleven are the only men selected from the former leading colleges. In all 63 not from the four universities which have such a lead have been on Walter Camp's teams at one time or another.

The largest number of men which any college has had at one time is seven and the honor goes to Yale twice, once in 1900 and again in 1902. Six Yale men were selected in 1909 and five in 1891 and 1894. The University has had five men attaining the honor four times in 1890, 1892, 1901, and 1914. Princeton had five in 1889 and 1893.