700 MEN ENLISTED TO DATE

TODAY IS LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR REMAINDER OF THE 1200 WHO VOLUNTEERED.

Today is the last day for enlisting in the Harvard Regiment. Thus far only 700 men have signed the enlistment blanks, out of the 1200 who signed up at the first call; therefore, every member of the provisional battalion must enroll today without fall. Besides signing up, every member of the regiment should report at Weld 3 to be measured for his uniform. The price of the equipment is $6.00, payable on January 15, but anyone who feels he is unable to pay this should consult some member of the committee at Weld 3. No man should refrain from joining for financial reasons, as every effort will be made to keep current expenses down to a minimum so that no one will possibly suffer the least inconvenience of that score.

Those who feel that they are physically unfit for active drill should apply for positions in the quartermaster's staff. There are a number of positions involving the clerical work, necessary for the various companies that are fully as important as the officers. Also these men can still get the benefit of the lectures.

Besides signing the enlistment cards, every one is asked to fill out information blanks, stating previous experience and also what drill hours will be most convenient. Men may obtain copies of the United States Drill Regulations by applying at Weld 3, and by studying these during the vacation, much of the first difficulty of drilling may be avoided.