A PERMANENT SINGING MEET.

Too often the popular conception of the College Glee Club is that gained from advertisements of "snappy clothes" and "biteless tobaccos." the glee club as a college organization is pictured as a group of modish young gentlemen who gather between classes to sing "Mugs of Beer, tra! la!" in close harmony, musically ambitious solely to introduce as many extremely diminished sevenths as possible.

If it has no other result than to dispel such misconceptions as these, the Annual Glee Club Meet held in New York Saturday is performing a worthy function. The public is, the CRIMSON believes, becoming more and more initiated into collegiate realism, and as every death of a popular fallacy leads to a better understanding of the place of the college, the CRIMSON wishes to congratulate those who have organized and maintained the glee club competition. it is undoubtedly doing a good work, and it is to be hoped that it will be perpetuated as an institution.

The University failed to place in the meet but its work was commended by the judges, and its performance was very creditable.