BRIDGE DETAILS COMPLETED

Erection of Stone Tablets at Approaches of Anderson Structure Final Step in Work of Building.

The stone tablets designed by Larz Anderson '88 for the Stadium Birdge have finally been placed on the pillars at either approach and the bridge is now complete. The bridge was built by Larz Anderson '88 in memory of his father, Nicholas Longworth Anderson '58, and was opened last spring.

The right-hand tablet at the north approach reads:

"This bridge was built in memory of Nicholas Longworth Anderson, graduate of Harvard College in the class of 1858; adjutant colonel; brevet brigadier, and major general of volunteers in the Civil War. To a father by a son."

The other pillar at the north approach is inscribed:

"May this bridge built in memory of a scholar and soldier connecting, the College Yard and playing fields of Harvard be an ever present reminder to students passing over it of loyalty to country and alma mater and a lasting suggestion that they should devote their manhood developed by study and play on the banks of this river to the nation and its needs."

Over both of these inscriptions are the seals of the United States, the Grand Army of the Republic, and the Spanish War Veterans.

On one of the portals at the Stadium approach of the bridge the following is engraved:

"On either side of the river there was the tree of life which bare twelve manner of fruits and yielded her fruit every month and leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Rev. XXII, 2.   ANDERSON BRIDGE   1913."