"SIEGFRIED" CAST UNUSUAL

STUDENTS MUST APPLY FOR SEATS BY SATURDAY TO GET REDUCTION.

An unusually good cast of famous singers has been arranged for the production of "Siegfried" which is to be given on the fourth of June at the Stadium.

Mme. Schumann-Heink, whose health has been sufficiently restored at her farm in California, where she is now staying, to take part in the performance, will be the Erda. Her only appearance this season in Boston will be in "Siegfried," her only other engagement in this country prior to June fourth will be at the Saenger-fest in Brooklyn, N. Y. Mme. Gadski, the Brunnhilde, has never sung so well as she is singing this year at the Metropolitan. Mme. Alma Gluck is engaged to sing the music of the bird who speaks to Siegfried, because the fresh quality of her voice is peculiarly well adapted to that part. Mr. Sembach, the Siegfried, is recognized as a rarity among German singers in that, in addition to his unusual acquaintance with the traditions of the role, he is a singer who follows the principles of song triumphantly laid down by Jean de Reszke, when he proved that Wagner could be sung beautifully as well as declaimed in a dramatic manner.

The prices of seats for the production are $2.50, $2, and 1.50 for those who subscribe before April 1. Boxes erected in front of the stage will be $40, $35, and $30. Students may obtain a fifty cent reduction by applying at 4 University Hall any day this week for an application blank and presenting this to M. Steinert and Sons Co., 162 Boylston street, Boston. Subscriptions accompanied by check or mail order should be sent to the above address.