Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Communication

Edward Mandell Stone '08.

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The papers report that Edward Mandell Stone '08, who last August enlisted in the Foreign Legion of France, has died. His classmates, his friends, even those who knew him only enough to say a merry hello to him as he passed them in the Yard a few short years ago will feel a deep regret for the loss of a man whom they liked and respected, and a deep sympathy for his bereaved family. But in a more general sense this is a particularly significant Harvard loss, for Stone was lose his life in the war. We do much talking around the Yard about the war, taking sides (usually the same side) with earnest eloquence; but here was a fellow, happy, rich, strong, with a promising life before him, who did not hesitate to volunteer under a foreign banner and sacrifice his life for the cause he thought (and most of us think) right. Let undergraduates and professors and alumni take off their hats in reverent memory of their brother who by dying for his ideals has brought honor upon himself and upon the University he so nobly represented. RUDOLPH ALTROCCHI '08.