BOWDOIN MANUSCRIPTS ARE DUE

Lloyd McKim Garrison Competition Also Closes.

All manuscript in the Bowdoin Prize contest for dissertations in English and the Classics must be handed in today to the Secretary of the Faculty, at University 20. The Bowdoin Prizes include: three for undergraduates and three for graduates for dissertations in English; two for undergraduates and one for graduates for essays in Greek and Latin. Manuscript is also due today for the Lloyd McKim Garrison Prize for the best poem entitled "Belgium"; for the Harvard Menorah Society Prize; for the Francis Boott Prize for an original composition in vocal music, and for the George Arthur Knight Prize for an original composition in instrumental music.

Theses must also be handed in today by candidates for the degree of Ph.D, in 1915 in the Division of Ancient Languages, Modern Languages, History, Government, and Economics. All these theses should be sent to the chairmen of the Divisions.

Candidates for Second-Year Honors must register today at the Recorder's Office. These honors are open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, and to special students after the first year; they are open to Freshmen and to first-year special students only by special permission. Second-Year Honors in the Classics are awarded on two conditions: first, distinguished excellence in classical studies amounting to four courses; second, distinction in special examinations. The special examinations will be given in the last week in May.

Candidates for the Boylston Prizes in Elocution must register at University 10 sometime today. The competition for these prizes, of which there are five, will take place publicly on the second Thursday in May.