Items of University Interest

The Senior class succeeded in extracting the sum of $241 from the Freshmen yesterday afternoon on the steps of the Widener Library, $28 better than last year.

Law School Elections.

The election of marshal and secretary of the third-year class at the Law School will take place in Austin Hall today between 9 and 3 o'clock.

Talk on Industrial Monopoly.

Professor Walter Thomas Mills, veteran Socialist traveler, author, and orator, will speak on "Industrial Monopoly" in Emerson D this afternoon at 4.30.

House Committee for Union.

The officers of the Union last night appointed seven men to act as House Committee. It is intended that this board will look after the affairs of the Union in general.

Those appointed are as follows: Eugene Lugwig Ach '16 of Dayton, O.; Elijah Adlow '16, of Roxbury; Earle Henry Bean '17, of Melrose; Joseph Burnett Choate '16, of Southborough; Harrison Gardiner Reynolds '17 (chairman), of Readville; Edward Reese Roberts '16, of Cape Girardeau, Mo.; and Abbot Treadwell, Jr., '17, of Concord, N. H.

1918 Won Baseball Game.

The Freshman baseball team defeated Manchester High School by a score of 5 to 3 in the fastest game so far this season on Soldiers Field yesterday.

Tennis Trials Today.

The trials for the 1918 team will continue today as follows: at 2 o'clock, R. C. Cooke vs. E. B. Benedict; W. Richmond vs. P. N. Rhinelander; H. T. Davis vs. D Appleton; at 3 o'clock, E. B. Benjamin vs. D. K. Dunmore; L. E. Green vs. W. D. D. Morgan.

The following second team matches will be played: at 2 o'clock, W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17 vs. S. B. McKinley '16, winner to play H. Francke '15 at 4; E. O. Baker '17 vs. D. P. Perry '16.

Leiter Cup Games.

This afternoon the "Les Eschezs" will play the "Horsehide Hammerers" and the "Alfalfas" will play the "Skinamarinks" at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.