NEW PRIVILEGE FOR GOLF TEAM

Squad Given Right to Use Oakley Course.--Championship Next Week.

By a special concession of the Oakley Golf Club ten members of the University golf squad will be permitted to use the club's links during the rest of the year upon the payment of $15. The men to whom the privilege has been extended are: E. P. Allis '15, J. W. Hubbell '17, L. H. Canan '17, S. P. Griffitts '15, J. Hutchins '15, F. I. Amory '17, C. H. Kendall '16, P. Winsor '15, G. A. McCook '16, and J. I. Wylde '17. The following have also been retained on the squad and will continue to practice at the Oakley course by virture of their membership in the club: C. S. Clark '16, H. Goodspeed '16, H. D. Bassett '18, W. H. Russell '18, J. G. Heyburn '16, and W. F. Enright '16. The University golf championship will begin on Monday, when the qualifying round of 18 holes will be held at the Oakley Club. Men are allowed to qualify on either Monday or Tuesday, but will be required to pay a fee of $1 for each day they play in case they are not already members of the Club. Blue-books have been posted at Leavitt & Peirce's and all contestants should sign up before Monday. The matches will continue every day next week and men will have to play off their matches on the days scheduled or default.