NORTHFIELD COMMITTEE ACTIVE

Leaders Have Planned Interesting Daily Schedule for Conference.

The final arrangements for the University delegation at Northfield have been made. A committee of 16 undergraduates has been busy since April 1, working up interest in the Conference. The committee consists of four men from each class, with L. A. Morgan '17, as chairman, and W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17, as treasurer. As a result of this committee's efforts, over 150 men have promised that they will go to Northfield if possible. It is expected that over 100 will finally get there.

Plans for the University Delegation.

Each member should be at the North Station Friday, June 25, where a special car will be attached to the 9.30 train. Members of the delegation will be allowed reduced rates. In order that these rates may be effective every man in the University who is planning to go to Northfield should leave his name at Phillips Brooks House, or drop a card to L. A. Morgan '17, Randolph 52, before Thursday, June 17. This will insure railroad, sleeping, and eating accommodations.

The University delegation will be quartered in Gould Hall, which is considered the most comfortable dormitory at Northfield. There will be a separate large dining room, and the cost of board will be a minimum because all the waiters will be students.

Daily Program at Northfield.

The rising bell will ring at 7.30. The dining room closes promptly at 8. At 8.30 various special classes will be held, such as social service, Bible study, or mission study. From 9.30 to 12.30 will be devoted to vocational discussions, in which men interested in different forms of life work will have a chance to talk with experienced men. At 11 o'clock there will be talk by some religious leader, such as John R. Mott, H. E. Fosdick, Robert E. Speer, or Sherwood Eddy. The afternoon is given over to athletics and other forms of outdoor recreation, which are directed by a special committee. Two of the men on this committee will be from the University. A tennis tournament, a baseball league, and a track meet have already been arranged for. Every man who can do anything in athletics is expected to take part in these contests.

At 7 o'clock in the evening comes the most attractive session of the day, namely, the life work address on Round Top, a beautiful hill overlooking the Connecticut river. After this each college has its own delegation meeting to discuss the problems of its own institution. This is often done around a camp fire.

The organization and work of the University delegation while at Northfield will be in direct charge of the undergraduate committee; but A. Beane '11, C. B. Randall 3L., and J. C. Manry '13, will act as advisers.

The Celebration.

On Thursday night, July 1, will occur the most interesting and spectacular event of the whole conference. An elaborate bonfire, 60 feet high, will be built in the centre of the quadrangle and each delegation will perform some special "stunt" in costume. Over one thousand students will take part in this performance. In past years there has been great competition between Harvard and Yale delegations in this event. Several surprises have been prepared for the celebration this year.