BUSINESS CANDIDATES OUT

MEN FROM 1918 SHOULD REPORT AT OFFICE OF CRIMSON AT 8.30

The competition for positions of second assistant business manager of the CRIMSON from the class of 1918 will begin today. Candidates should report at the CRIMSON office, corner of Massachusetts avenue and Plympton street at 8.30 o'clock in the morning, but all men unable to report at this time may enter the competition by seeing the business manager some time during the day. The conditions of the competition will be outlined and work will commence immediately. This consists mainly of soliciting advertisements and subscriptions, with a small amount of office work, and the general business efficiency shown is taken into account. The training in and knowledge of business customs acquired in a competition of this sort are enough in themselves to amply repay for the time put into it. The successful candidates will be chosen shortly after Christmas.

It has been customary in past years to choose two men from each class for the business staff of the CRIMSON but owing to the increase if business entailed by the new building, it is probable that three men will be chosen from 1918.