FRESHMEN DEFEATED BY UNIVERSITY SEVEN, 6 TO 1

Baker and Fisher Tried Out on Wings and Worked Well.--Team Improved Since Cornell Game.

After the ragged showing against Cornell on Tuesday night, Coach Winsor made a shift in the line-up, starting Baker and Fisher on the wings in yesterday's practice. The combination worked well, and Baker's playing was particularly effective in defeating the Freshmen 6 to 1 in a 30-minute scrimmage. He handled himself well, followed the puck closely, and was responsible for two of the University's goals.

The Freshmen started the scoring when Kissel stopped the puck with his body in front of the goal and drove it past Wylde, a few minutes after the scrimmage opened. Baker scored next for the University, from a mix-up near the goal, and tallied again two minutes later on a well-directed shot from the side of the rink, after playing the puck nicely past the Freshman backs. Thacher, substituted for Fisher, scored the next goal, taking the puck past the defence and caging it on a low, clean shot. Lombard scored next from a scrimmage, and then Rice broke away and passed to Bliss, who shot the puck past Wells. Lombard scored the final goal for the University.

The new lines showed far better combination work than the forwards displayed against Cornell. Fisher was caught out of position a few times, but this was due in great measure to this unfamiliarity with the position, as he has played centre more than on the end of the line. Both new wings, however, played well, and Baker especially looks like a fixture in the position.

The Freshmen also showed a decided improvement over their previous work against the University, and were much more sure of themselves on the ice. Kissel and Merrill played very well in the forward line, and Marshall is the best of the defence men. Captain Morgan took his place later in the scrimmage against the University forwards, and showed the Freshman backs some points about defensive play.

Percy and Abbott are both still out of the game with bad colds.

The team will meet Princeton in the Arena on Saturday night. Tickets for the game are on sale at the H. A. A. for $1.00 and $1.50.

The line-ups yesterday were as follows:

UNIVERSITY.  1919.Baker, l.w.  r.w., GrossBaldwin, l.c.  r.c., KisselCurtis, r.c.  l.c., TrainerFisher, r.w.  l.w., HubbardDoty, c.p.  c.p., MarshallEckfeldt, p.  p., PlattWylde, g.  g., Well