FRESHMEN TO ELECT CLASS OFFICERS NEXT TUESDAY

Student Council Nominates Men to Lead 1919.--Bond and Flower Named for President.

The following men were nominated for officers of the Freshman class at the executive committee meeting the Student Council held last night. For president: Rufus Hallowell Bond, of Everett, and Henry Cousin Flower, Jr., of Kansas City, Mo.; for vice-president: George Lewis Batchelder, Jr., of Medford, and Hamilton Coolidge, Jr., of Brookline; for secretary-treasurer: James Dana Hutchinson, of Dorchester, and Cecil Dunmore Murray, of New York, N. Y.; for representative on the Student Council: Quentin Roosevelt, of Oyster Bay, N. Y., and Augustus Thorndike, Jr., of Boston. The election will be held in the Common Room of Standish Hall on Tuesday, January 25.

Additional nominations for officers may be made by petition of 35 members of the class of 1919, and must be handed in to H. L. F. Kreger '16, Thayer 6, before 12 o'clock on Monday, January 24.

Student Waiters at Memorial.

The Student Council also voted its hearty approval of a plan proposed by W. J. Bingham '16 to have student waiters for the University Dining Halls, this system to be based upon that put into practice at Princeton last fall. The fact that every year large numbers of men are turned away by the Student Employment Office, and that such opportunities for remunerative work would be accept able to many self-supporting students, was the basis for the vote. A recommendation will accordingly be submitted to the proper authorities.