RECORD-BREAKING SQUAD REPORTED FOR RELAY TEAMS

Seventy-two Runners at Work on Board Track.--More Shot-Putters Are Needed.

Seventy-two candidates for the relay teams reported to Coach Donovan at the board track on Soldiers Field yesterday. This is the largest number that ever came out on the first day for winter track work. Only very light work was in order, the men being dismissed after brief preliminary practice.

The new canvas curtain in the Cage for the hammer throwers was tried out with excellent results. The men stand about fifteen feet from the curtain and throw just as if they were doing regular work outdoors. Heretofore the hammer throwers have not been able to practice till the regular spring track season opens in March. But with the curtain, which is something entirely new, the men will have an opportunity to develop the proper form and get a start before the outdoor work commences.

More men are wanted for the shot-put. It is planned to enter a five-man team in the intercollegiate indoor games to be held in New York on March 4, and there is a splendid chance for anyone of even average ability to make the team which will compete as a unit. All those who have ever done any shot-putting and any having the necessary weight are urged to come out.

The regular schedule will continue in operation until further notice.