ONE TOUCHDOWN RECORDED

UNIVERSITY TEAM PLAYED WELL IN WORKOUT ON SLIPPERY GRIDIRON.

Practically every member of the University football squad took part in a short but hard scrimmage against the second team yesterday afternoon. Owing to the rain, the field was very muddy and slippery, and consequently it was difficult for either side to gain. Though the practice was held an hour earlier than usual to avoid the wet, the ground was soggy from the beginning of the scrimmage. The University was able to score one touchdown, however, in spite of the mud, when R. H. Hitchcock '19 crossed the second team's goal line on a line plunge after a steady advance down the field had brought the ball within striking distance. The practice was the first real workout the squad has had on a slippery field, and the men succeeded in holding their feet fairly well. The weather prevented any spectacular plays because the ball was so hard to handle and it was impossible to make speed on the heavy field.

The Freshman team was given a stiff practice and was finally lined up against the second team substitutes, after the University scrimmage, for a ten-minute game. There was no score for either side.

1920 Game With M. I. T.

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology team is scheduled to play the Freshmen today. This will be a practice game in which some of the regulars will probably not participate. One of the promising substitute backs, E. S. Hobs '20, has been taken up to the training table and should prove a valuable addition to the first squad.