FRESHMEN WON SNAP CONTEST

LOWELL TEXTILE UNABLE TO STOP RUSH OF 1920 SCORING MACHINE.

The Freshman football team disposed of the Lowell Textile eleven on Soldiers Field last Saturday by the score of 53 to 0. Two touchdowns were scored by 1920 in each period. The high score was largely the result of many long runs through a broken field. Two of the eight touchdowns were made by the Freshman ends who starred both in the offense and defense.

To F. C. Church fell the honors of the day, for he made four touchdowns, one on a run from the middle of the field. Johnson, the right, end, on one occasion ran the ball from the 48-yard line to a touchdown.

In only one instance did the Lowell Textile eleven threaten the 1920 goal line. This was in the second period when Roberts intercepted a forward pass on his own 30-yard line and ran it to the Freshman three-yard mark. But there the 1920 team held, and threw the visitors for a one-yard loss on each rush. By the end of the game, the Lowell men were well played out and only attempted to make the score as low as possible.

The Freshmen will not play again until they meet Exeter on November 11 at Exeter.

The teams lined up as follows: 1920  LOWELL TEXTILE Whitney, l.e.  r.e., Fuller Woods, l.t.  r.t., Brown Thorndike, l.g.  r.g., Plaisted Caswell, c.  c., Halsey Brocker, r.g.  l.g., Roberts Hadley, r.t.  l.t., MacDonald Livingston, r.e.  l.e., Brainerd Geary, q.b.  q.b., Powers Weld, l.h.b.  r.h.b., O'Connor Church, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Winn Horween, fb.  f.b., Ashworth