5,000 MEN IN TORCHLIGHT PARADE

University Will be Represented by 1,000 to 1,500 Undergraduates.

Five thousand men have so far signified their intention of marching in the Hughes torchlight parade in Boston on November 3. The University unit will have from 1,000 to 1,500 men in line and Tufts will be represented by about 500 men in uniform. Technology has not yet signified that they will join, but it is expected that they will have a delegation present.

The parade will form on Commonwealth avenue, near Arlington street, at 7.30, and special cars will take members of the Republican Club from Harvard square at 7 o'clock, so that the men can join the parade at 8 o'clock.

Each man in the University delegation will be provided with a campaign hat with a red band in addition to American flags, torches and red fire. This parade will wind up the Republican campaign in Greater Boston and will rival the "Preparedness Parade" of last spring.

The contest for the campaign slogan, best suited to be printed on a banner and carried in the parade, is still open, and the wordings should be submitted to W. O. P. Morgan '18 at Randolph 59 before Wednesday at 6 o'clock. A prize of $5 for the best, $3 for the second best and $2 for the third best is offered by the Republican Club.