DIVINITY SCHOOL CELEBRATES

Many to Honor Hundredth Anniversary of Establishment of Professional School Here.

Morning, afternoon and evening tomorrow will be devoted to the celebration by the University Divinity School of its 100th anniversary of existence as a separate institution from the College proper. The separation of college and school in 1816 is counted the first establishment of a professional school at the oldest American university.

To mark the day some notable adresses have been arranged to be delivered in the afternoon by President Eliot, who will speak on "The Changes of a Century in Theological Education at Harvard," and by the Reverend Robert S. Morison '69, librarian emeritus of the School, whose topic will be "The First Half-Century of the Divinity School." Last on the day's program will be a large dinner at the Union at which Professor Peabody will preside. The whole observance of the centenary has been planned by the Alumni Association of the Divinity School. Its members are expected in numbers from all parts of the country.

The Alumni Association has wisely taken advantage of the occasion to commence a campaign for a $200,000 endowment fund for the Divinity School, which it is hoped to raise from friends of the School. Of this amount the committee plans to set aside $100,000 to establish a new professorship of social ethics and pastoral care, to be named in honor of Professor Francis Greenwood Peabody '69, for many years Plummer Professor of Christian Morals and Dean of the Divinity School, also widely known as a preacher and an authority on social problems. The additional $100,000 will be applied to the general needs of the School. The committee in charge is headed by Rev. Paul Revere Frothingham '86, of the Arlington Street Church, Boston.

Morning Prayers Will Open Celebration.

The centennial celebration will commence tomorrow morning with the service of morning prayer which will be conducted in Appleton Chapel by Reverend Professor Peabody, who is the president of the Alumni Association. At 1 o'clock the visitors will be served a luncheon at the home of Professor Peabody, 13 Kirkland street. Then at 3 o'clock will come the addresses by President Eliot and the Rev. S. Morison. These will be given in the lecture hall of the Semitic Museum. Seats will be reserved for alumni and invited guests until 3 o'clock, when remaining seats will be offered to the general public.

Five o'clock afternoon tea will be served in the Common Room in Divinity Hall by the ladies of the Faculty, and at 6 Dean Fenn will lead a vesper service in Divinity Chapel.

The piece de resistance of the centennial will be the dinner at the Union at 7 o'clock. Professor Peabody, as president of the Alumni Association, will preside. There will be many speakers, among them President Lowell, representing the University, Reverend Howard N. Brown, representing the Society for Promoting Theological Education; Dean Fenn, representing the School; President Albert Parker Fitch '00, representing the Affiliated Schools, and the following alumni; President F. C. Southworth '88, of Meadville Theological School; Dean H. J. Calhoun '03, of the College of the Bible, Lexington, Ky.; Professor D. J. Fraser '97, of the Presbyterian College of Montreal, and Reverend M. O. Simons '91, of Gleveland, Ohio.